Social media marketing is not a magic wand. A lot of people would have you believe that all you have to do is get on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or some other platform and you’ll instantly have followers that translate into money coming through the door. Nothing could be further from the truth. Building a social media presence and following requires a lot of time and effort. These investments can really pay off, but you have to approach social media marketing the right way. Here are some social media marketing tips from the pros that can help you get the results you need.
Our Best Social Media Marketing Tips
1. Live stream, live stream, live stream. Twitter has Periscope, Facebook’s Facebook Live is an enormously popular feature, and even YouTube has live streaming channels for every possible interest. Take advantage of live streaming to showcase your products and services, and even have an “ask me anything”.
2. Post coupons that are exclusive to the platform. For instance, advertise a promo code on Facebook for Cyber Monday. The savings will be exclusive to that code from that particular platform. Post an entirely different code on your instrument feed. The use of different codes will also help you to determine how effective your campaigns are.
3. Manager Twitter feed so that you don’t burn out. Schedule your posts with another application that allows you to keep up the feed without burning out your thumbs. Twitter has over 300 million users with 62 percent under the age of 50, sending over 500 million tweets per day.
4. As much as people like to say that Facebook is overdone, it just isn’t so. 79 percent of all Americans online Facebook to communicate and keep up with family and friends. Make your presence known on Facebook by claiming your business page, and keep it professional. Your political, religious, and other personal beliefs belong on your personal page.
5. Keep your posting presence consistent without being overwhelming. People find spam and advertisements just as annoying on social media as they do in their email or feed. You can post once a day, or as many as three to four times a day, as long as your posts are relevant to your business, and of interest to your customer base. For instance, if you have just received a new shipment of merchandise, take time to highlight three or four pieces of significant interest.
When it comes to social media marketing tips, sometimes less is more. You do less, and someone else does the more. This is where an experienced digital marketing firm like 4 Step Studio can help you to get more bang for your buck, and boost your business’s visibility. Talk to us about your social media marketing needs and goals, we can work out a strategy that will help you to get where you need to be – highly visible and successfully building relationships with your followers and customer base.
Fill out this form to get a free consultation from our digital marketing professionals.