Facebook ads reach one of the largest user bases on the planet. It’s no joke, with 79 percent of all adults in the US actively using Facebook in their personal lives. In fact, almost a quarter of the world’s population logs on and keeps up with trends, friends, family, and news on the website or app. Along with all those individual users comes a number of businesses, small and large, seeking to capitalize from the ubiquity of social media’s 800 pound gorilla.
Even some businesses that don’t have a Facebook page, actively advertise on Facebook and get a healthy ROI for their investment. Their ads bring the customers into the funnel with a click, and close the sale. These high converting Facebook ads give their healthy ROI to a company’s bottom line, but what’s the secret to making them?
A 5 Step Guide to High Converting Facebook Ads
1. ABC – Always. Be. Credible. Clickbait doesn’t rate. Yes, clickbait still pulls clicks, but it doesn’t deliver users anything it actually promises and can cost you a lot of goodwill. You can pair a snappy and misleading headline with an eye-catching photo, but unless you deliver the steak after serving up the sizzle, all the user’s going to remember is the tease. The next time they see an ad from you, they will pass it by. Don’t be the reason someone installs an adblocker.
2. Relevance, relevance, relevance. Facebook, like Google AdWords, has a method of scoring advertisements. When you create your ad, you should be looking at the relevance score in your ad manager – not just that the quality of your ad. The more relevant and targeted your ad, the more it will be served to people who share that interest.
3. Always have more than one. Test your ads to see which ones perform better. Have two, or even three or four versions of your ad.
4. Call to action! Get their finger on the button with a rousing call to action like, “Reserve yours now!” or “Try before you buy!” Make this a value statement that you deliver on. Get them on the site after that click and drop what you promised right into their lap.
5. Placement is everything. You need different ads for different placements – there’s no one size fits all. You have the desktop newsfeed for ads that look “native” – they have a high engagement level, too. Desktop right column ads need to be short and sweet, with a great value offer, and an enticing photo. Finally, mobile newsfeed ads need to be tailored specifically for that format – smaller and looking like an organic part of the newsfeed.
Not a Pro? Hire One!
At 4 Step Studio, we take great pride in every step of creating a digital marketing campaign tailored to the unique needs of our clients. There is no one size fits all approach here, just attention to what you need, what you want, and what you can afford. We give you room to grow your business, and offer high-value expertise in every stage of developing high converting Facebook ads and staging a campaign that’s backed up by numbers and facts, allowing you to reach a target audience that’s waiting for your message. Contact us today, and let us show you the power of a professional digital marketing firm.
Fill out this form to get a free consultation from our digital marketing professionals.