When it comes to getting the website visible to a targeted audience, big players have a lot of advantages. They have in-house marketing, advertising agencies, and all the tools at their fingertips to get their website in front of those eyeballs. However, small businesses have a lot of tools at their disposal to increase website traffic and fatten up their bottom line. It takes some research, since self-discipline, and a chunk of your time, but you will notice a big difference in the bottom line. Here are some professional tips and tricks to help you climb the ladder.
Five Free Ways to Increase Website Traffic
- Make your site as attractive to search engines as possible. Learn to use SEO techniques on and off-page to make your website more attractive to search engine algorithms. This includes using long-tail keywords, the names of local municipalities, merchandise or services that you offer, and optimizing for mobile.
- Content is king. Providing content such as photos, videos, articles, and blog entries give your customers more information and give search engines or content to index.
- Email marketing. Email marketing done correctly offers the most bang for the buck. By keeping an active email list with weekly emails, you can get as much is a 38% return for every dollar spent on this marketing tactic. There are lots of free tools such as mail to and constant contact that offer free versions when you have under a certain number of contacts.
- Get reviews. Getting customers to review you on Yelp gives you extra coverage when it comes to search engines. Come out and ask customers to give you use – honest ones only- on the highest traffic review site of them all.
- Landing pages. A lot of people confuse landing pages with homepages, and this is a misperception that can cost you traffic. You should create new landing pages for each of your marketing campaigns, and retire old pages when they are no longer pertinent.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but there are just short of 2 billion websites out there – with around 200 million that are still active – all competing for page ranking and to attract their target audience. These are just five of the many free ways to increase website traffic, there are many more that may or may not work for you. Don’t give up and keep trying until you hit the winning combination of techniques.
When You Need Help
Even after learning five free ways to increase website traffic, there’s a point at which you may look at everything you’re doing and wonder why it isn’t working better. If this is the case, some professional help can get you up and moving and help you build momentum.
4 Step Studio almost 20 years combined experience in designing and building beautiful secure websites, building a presence, creating content, and conducting a marketing campaign. With this experience in the advantages that come with it work for you in a way that you can afford. Get in touch with us and let us show you the difference that a few professional touches in the right areas can make.
Fill out this form to get a free consultation from our digital marketing professionals.