With nearly 800 million users in 2017 and that figure projected to surpass a billion users in 2018, it would be the right move to use Instagram for small business social media marketing.
Use Instagram for Small Business
Instagram targets mainly mobile users and allows users to post images, videos, stories, and live stream. Your company won’t achieve success by occasionally posting an image. To effectively use Instagram for small business promotion, you will need to develop a solid content marketing strategy. Keep reading for tips on increasing brand awareness and reaching potential customers.
Your Business Account
When you set up your business account, it needs to be separate from your personal account. The good thing about Instagram is that you can sign into up to five different accounts and easily switch between them for a hassle-free experience.
To switch to an “official” business account, it must be linked to your business’s Facebook page. Don’t forget your business name, description, and a link to your website. This is the only place on Instagram where visitors will find a clickable link. Your description should include what you do and a bit of sass to help you stand out.
Before you begin posting, consider your purpose and goals for using Instagram for small business marketing. If you don’t already use Instagram, it’s best to become familiar with the way it works and how people use it. Think about how you can encourage users to engage with your business page with these ideas:
- Showcase content that represents your brand’s personality.
- Use high-quality, professional images branded with your company logo.
- The 80/20 rule applies – 80 percent business-related but not specifically of your business and 20 percent directly business-related.
- Incorporate traditional and non-traditional holidays in your posts.
- Tag a location when posting.
- Use video. Remember, you are limited to 60 seconds in a post and 15-second intervals in a story, except when you go live.
- Don’t try to hard sell your users. Instead, entice them.
- Call-to-action statements can be very effective.
- Collaborate with guest contributors or account takeovers.
- Don’t forget to use hashtags to reach a wider audience. Use specific, relevant, and trending phrases. Finally, only use around five to 10 per post.
- Offer Instagram-exclusive promotions, offers, and events.
Social media is the place to cultivate relationships with your followers. With the right content and message, you appeal to users without looking like a salesperson.
Engagement & Statistics
Not only should you post relevant content but it’s important to follow other accounts. Engage with other brands, people, and especially influencers. Don’t use automated commenting and liking systems. You need to be personally involved or hire a social media expert to run your account and help you acquire new clients.
Your engagement and post statistics deliver valuable information in order to craft your customer profile. If you already have a customer profile, then the details can help you gauge whether your content is reaching the correct audience.
Contact 4 Step Studio, Today!
With the right Instagram content marketing strategy, substantial growth is entirely possible. If you’re considering Instagram and need a social media marketing expert, contact the pros at 4 Step Studio, today.
Fill out this form to get a free consultation from our digital marketing professionals.