Social media might be getting all the attention, but there is very little that does more to drive sales and an old-fashioned email. Even Millennials, blamed for disrupting every industry from paper napkins stories, have a strong preference for being contacted by email. It’s a part of their everyday life and melts seamlessly into their routine. It might surprise you that according to a VentureBeat study, email marketing systems manage $38 coming in for every single dollar going out. What’s even more surprising, is in the same study 84% of digital marketing experts believe that email is a critical customer touchstone that builds loyalty. If companies want to reap the benefits, then they must improve email open rates.
What You Can Do to Improve Email Open Rates
Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you on the way to improving email conversions.
- Prepare for A/B testing. A/B testing is an easy method to see which subject lines are eliciting the best response. Using platforms such as MailChimp or Constant Contact allows users to segment mailing lists on the fly to see which subject line gets customers clicking.
- Create a list of eye-catching subject lines. This is the first thing that customers see sitting in their inbox. Unless the customer is interested, your carefully crafted email is going right to the trash.
- Quality is key. If email content is boring or repetitive, customers may end up handing you to spam rather than opening a clicking through. Content should be lively and engaging, but at the same time informative. Sending high-quality content less frequently allows you to focus on crafting your very best.
- Spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Yes, it is still important. You don’t have to worry about dusting off your old English textbooks. Instead, you can use a service like Grammarly. Grammarly’s premium version is well worth the money and comes with a free plagiarism checker. Most professional writers use services like this to make sure that their content goes out with everything press perfect.
- Send your email at the right time for your customer base. You can do trial and error through your email marketing platform, or do individual research on your industry, and even segment your emailing list further to determine which day of the week, and even what time your customers are opening your emails.
Marketing Is Hard, so Make It Easy!
One of the keys to being successful in business is to concentrate on your core competencies. These are the things related to your business that you are genuinely good at doing. For instance, you wouldn’t hesitate to hire an outside accountant or an attorney to handle your books and taxes or your legal work.
For this reason, businesses of all sizes outsource – not offshore – their digital marketing to professionals who are highly experienced. This is where 4 Step Studio comes in to help! We are experienced digital marketers and web designers that can help you build an overall marketing strategy that is organic, aboveboard, and successful. Call us to get started to improve email open rates today!
Fill out this form to get a free consultation from our digital marketing professionals.